Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
Do you want to join us in creating the world we want to live in? Then apply now as:
Head of Supplier Development, Power/Driveline/EMOB Europe (m/f/d)
Location: flexible Konz, Eskilstuna, Braås, Arvika
This is us, your new colleagues
Supplier Development team is a diverse group of colleagues with a high performing culture. We are an effective and efficient one team organization. We are building tailored Supplier development programs with our suppliers to boost Quality, Sustainability, Capacity, Cost performance and aligning suppliers’ strategies with our purchasing goals and expectations.
- As a member of our European Supplier Development leadership team, you will be responsible for employee performance management, employee training and development in your team, ensure strong employee motivation and satisfaction.
- Key responsibilities will also include building a strong relationship with our suppliers that creates benefits for both parties.
- You will also be part of the creation and execution of Purchasing strategies, and with that comes encouraging our suppliers for development and increasing innovation.
- You will also educate and mentor activities from cost to quality requirements; steer sustainability supply chain management programs and drive productivity improvement programs such as VPS/Lean and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a colleague, who is agile, eager to learn and improve. You have a positive and entrepreneurial mindset and can create successful teams that that see possibilities rather than problems. You are experienced in driving project management in an effective way and have knowledge about product development. Your communication skills make it easy for you to interact with internal and external stakeholders. You are good in managing and influencing others and have a sustainable mindset. We think that you are comfortable with working in cross-functional teams and are able to work in remote management.
What you bring along:
- University degree in engineering or similar
- Knowledge in supply chain management, Quality management and Lean manufacturing
- Ability to work effectively in matrix organization and to manage and influence
- Good communication skills in English; Swedish and/or German are an advantage
- Willingness to travel
- A super team
- Employee development
- Flexible working hours
- Work-life balance
- Modern IT equipment
- Innovative working environment
- Company pension plan
- Health Management